What is "Magic Point"?
Magic Point is an X11 based presentation tool. It is designed to make
simple presentations easy while to make complicated presentations possible.
Its presentation file (whose suffix is typically .mgp) is just text so that
you can create presentation files quickly with your favorite editor (e.g. Emacs, vi).
What's new in 1.13a?
What's new in 1.12a?
- add %tsystem directive which might be more stable than %xsystem
- add -rotate option for newimage
- allow to use non-ASCI filename in slides (use -U to enable this feature)
- many bug fixes
What's new in 1.11b?
- (bugfix) suppress flickering screen when ctrl key is pressed
What's new in 1.11a?
- use EWMH to get borderless fullscreen. (use 'w' key to switch)
- MacOS X support
- m17n library support
- setlocale-patch built in, print.c (from mailing list: mgp-users 01112)
- %-character can be escaped by '\' at the beginning of a line
- escape sequence added
- \[xX]HH will be converted to a character (H - hex value)
- \\ means \
- \[^xX] or \[xX]CC with 'C' different to hex values will cause the program to exit -1
- super-/subscript support
- support for symbol font added
- new option: --title 'title' for mgp.
- add -raise option for %newimage directive
- many bug fixes.
What's new in 1.10a?
- Support for Xft2 + fontconfig. If you are not familiar with these words,
please see FAQ and README.xft2 for more information.
- Support for new directive %tab 0 which can be used to apply a list of
directives to lines that start with a non-tab character.
- For security reasons, we have changed mgp so that directives that fork a
process are not processed by default. The -U option must be specified in
order to process such directives.
- Introduced %opaque directive. Please see SYNTAX for detailed information.
- Support for iso8859-2 encoding for mgp2ps
- Introduced -X option for mgp2ps to suppress the use of the specified
- Introduced escape char '\' to display lines that start with '#'.
- Many bug fixes.
Example slides in English
Another example slides in English
Example slides in Japanese
Mailing-Lists in English
Mailing-Lists in Japanese
MagicPoint Book (written in Indonesian)
: pre-processor for the MagicPoint presentation tool.
: Contains lots of useful information for the MagicPoint.